In faith, awaiting

Bathed in lustrate silence 
barely surfacing the door,
sorrow weighs each moment
in her eye.
essentially debased;
envisioning a new god,
rude promise carves my face
awaiting her reply.
Woven in her dolor
every answer I desire.
caution beading folly
out the eye.
fictile surrogates waste
and orison a new god;
latticed to their faith
awaiting her reply.

Bacchanal transgression;
my illicit serenade;
permeates her focused
nubile eye.
iniquities erased;
embellishing a new god;
pulse increasing pace
waiting her reply.
bridled by emotion
aged and drifting on the vine,
limpid tenets beguile
every eye.
sworn gentry twist in place,
baring tokens for a new god.
fealty in the faith,
awaiting her reply.

Born anew; lamenting
for a spiritual revolt.
drowning in the furrows
of her eye.
acting, more as paste, than
anointment for a new god,
Dutifully ornate. 
Awaiting her reply. 
Vice and virtue equaled
as contributory cysts;
an irony, contested
and denied.
We venerate the wraith;
and canonize a new god;
tethered to the faith
awaiting your reply...



and here is the original version of the above poem, that I wrote in 1989 ~ wow, that long ago
It was titled New God, and was more of a "beat" poem at that time.  The cadence of it has completely changed

New God
12.19.89

     Liquid is the sunlight, barely surfacing the door
Passion for a moment in her eye
Silk against my face; dancing for a new god
Fire in my face; fire in my eye

     Stolen from her mirror is the answer I desire
Caution dripping, caution from the eye
Seventh sense of grace; dancing for a new god
Fire in my face; fire in my eye
    Echoed by her actions that her footsteps never made
The wicked and intriguing evil eye
My heart has quickened pace dancing with a new god
Fire in my face; fire in my eyes
    Blinded through emotion, ripe perfection from the vine
Uncertainty now frozen in my eye
Skin I long to taste; dancing for a new god
Fire in my face; fire in my eyes
    Poison, hard to swallow, saturates the mind
Envisioned so tempting to the eye
Swill it with a chase; dancing for a new god
Fire in my face; fire in my eyes
    Now the liquid sunlight encompassed on the floor
Drowns me with desire from the eye
Silk against my face; dancing for a new god
Fire in my face; fire in my eyes

1 comment:

Michael St. James said...

Beautiful poem! Thanks for sharing. Lovely blog!

www.bagpoor.com