Venetian Blinds

03.16.89 revised 11.05.01

Venetian blinds put me to rest. Take away the sunlight
Venetian blinds into the after, running life out of my breath
Burning down, down… Spinning down
Venetian blinds taste my sickness, taste this sweet despair
Venetian blinds into darkness. I feel nothing as nothingness
Down, down, down…

Touched by flesh that lingers on dedicated ground
Held by crippled fingers
A shade a death merges with my lips now,
(Though I'm not dead)
A shade of death merges with my lips

Venetian blinds closing slowly, extending my spiritual plane
Venetian blinds, angles and worshipers of what is holy
Spinning down, down… Spiraling down
Venetian blinds, breadth of heaven & hands held out for praise
Venetian blinds or self-destruction as we bury our brethren

Held by flesh that fingers the dedicated ground
Choked by crippled fingers
A shade a death merges with my lips now,
(Though I'm not dead)
A shade of death now merges with my lips

Venetian blinds simply lack compassion as I fall to my knees
Venetian blinds just one more moment. Please…

1 comment:

Robin said...

I think this is one of your first pieces I read. Brilliant!